Requirements You should Meet in Getting Your First Indonesian Driving License
If you plan to stay in Indonesia for long period of time, you may need your Indonesian driving license to support your mobility. Unfortunately, foreigners are subject to little bit complicated requirements. In page you are reading right now, you will be discovering all the requirements.
Indonesian Driving License Classes
There are 5 classes of Indonesian driving license. Each has specific requirements based on type of vehicle that applicants plan to drive.
|A||Private car - maximum 3,500 kilograms|
|B1||Bus - more than 3,500 kilograms|
|D||Two-wheeled vehicle for disabled person|
Indonesian Driving License Available for Foreigners
For foreigners, there are only two classes of driving license available, they are: driving license class A for four-wheeled private car which should be less than 3,500 kilograms and class C for two-wheeled vehicle.
|Tourist||1 month||A (car) & C (motorcycle)|
|Expert||1 year||A (car) & C (motorcycle)|
|Resident||5 years||A (car) & C (motorcycle)|
|Embassy Staff (family)||5 years||A (car) & C (motorcycle)|
- Original and copy of Pasport / VISA
- Original and copy of your identity card from your country of origin
- Original and copy of Temporary Stay Permit Card (also known as Kartu Izin Tinggal Sementara - KITAS or Surat Keterangan Tinggal Sementara - SKTS) or Permanent Stay Permit Card (known as Kartu Izin Tinggal Tetap - KITAP)
- Indonesian Police Report Letter (also known as Surat Tanda Melapor - STM) - issued by Kepolisian Daerah - POLDA
- Certificate of Good Health / Certificate of Health Report (known as Surat Keterangan Berbadan Sehat - SKBS) - issued by Indonesian hospital